Thursday, April 28, 2011

Popsicles!










Some of my best summertime memories from when I was young are of lemonade stands
with my best friends; whiling away the hours by chasing around ice cream trucks and swimming in my neighbors pool until our parents dragged us out by our pruned feet. I have grown up since those days, but I continue to revel in my childhood memories each time I enjoy an icy popsicle. I think I ate so many because my mom was always a health-nut and kept popsicles by the dozens to steer clear of other fattening deserts. Although there were times when I did rebel by sneaking vanilla bean ice cream into the freezer, there is something that just cannot be beat by this fruity, sweet, and icy treat.
 

After reading this blog, I was inspired. I ran to the store to buy fun popsicle molds, and filled them with homemade lemonade. But that was not enough to satisfy my creative urges. My next plan? This recipe. If I can convince my mom that the Zoku Quick Pop Maker is necessary (I know, an ice cube tray and wooden sticks can suffice, but there is something about the 7 minute wait time for delicious icy treats that I simply cannot resist), then I will have endless recipes to share of my popsicle filled summer. But for now, enjoy these photos while we all dream of summertime. 16 days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment